Travel bug.

As I embark on an exciting new journey traveling on the Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics Champions to 40 cities nationwide, I figured I would keep my dear friends and family in the loop on my life for the next couple of months. Little time to talk on Tour, so hopefully this satisfies your tastebuds until I see you in November.

Lots of X's and O's.
ANW

Monday, October 1, 2012

A much needed swanky abode.

Hi from the long lost girl who forgot her zip code! Really and truly, I did. As I stopped by Fed Ex to mail a few things today, I could not remember if my zip code was 46022 or 46220. It is the later, for those of you who want to know (I'm assuming no one). 

Today was a good day. I finally got a chance to dig into my devotional and spend a little time with the big guy upstairs. I am almost finished up with reading "A purpose driven life". Although this book was supposed to be a 40 day challenge, mine has become more like 80. A challenge, indeed to finish in the proposed timeframe. Oh well - A for effort, right? With barely any time to think about other things besides shows, athletes, appearances, schedules, sponsors, my sanity, etc., I am so thankful for any chance (planned or not) that I get my hands dirty and think about why I am really here and how I can make a difference. This journey is an amazing one - and for it I will be forever grateful. 

In addition to devotional day, today also became postcard shopping day; just to make sure my friends and family haven't forgotten about me. Look for yours in the mail, ladies, and gentlemen, boys and girls. 

Also good news for the style snob that I am; our cast and crew was able to stay in a swanky abode right in the middle of downtown Denver. Not that I didn't like the floral patterns from 1989, but being surrounded by good design, makes this girl a happy one. I am my father's daughter. 



My recent learnings include (but are not limited to): 
1. People in Denver are nice. Doesn't measure up to our midwest hospitality, but sure does beat every single place we have been in California thus far. 
2. September has 30 days. Learned that the hard way. 
3. Chai tea latte just might be my new favorite drink. 

Happy October! Thanks for keeping up with me. 
ANW 



No comments:

Post a Comment