Travel bug.

As I embark on an exciting new journey traveling on the Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics Champions to 40 cities nationwide, I figured I would keep my dear friends and family in the loop on my life for the next couple of months. Little time to talk on Tour, so hopefully this satisfies your tastebuds until I see you in November.

Lots of X's and O's.
ANW

Monday, October 22, 2012

Tardy for the party.

Hi friends! 

After taking 453 flights from here to there and everywhere the past few years, today marked the first time I have EVER missed a flight. Yesterday, I flew with John Orozco from Memphis to the Bronx. It was a last minute arrangement, but a necessary one. John had an injury in a show earlier this week and wanted to get home to his doctor for a thorough diagnosis. I pushed John around in a wheelchair all around the airport, which counted for 3 full workouts. John told me this was my payback since he carried my bags (that were bigger than me) all over the place last week on our promo trips. 

Anyway, after taking care of that good boy John, I was able to spend the day in NYC! What a pleasant surprise. I hung with a few of my sorority sisters (Katie and Kerri) for the day. They were whispering sweet nothings about me making a move to NYC in the near future. We will have to see about that. I surely wouldn't mind it :)

After a fun day with the two of them, I turned in at an airport hotel and set my alarm for 4:30 am. Buzz kill. 

My flight this morning was scheduled for 6:00 am. I could not find my ID for the life of me. Unbeknownst to me, it was hiding behind a credit card in my wallet; what a little stinker! Who knew that trying to get organized would lead to such a disaster. Luckily, I will still make it to Birmingham in time for our bus to depart to the next city this evening. 

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for John and for my wallet to be a little more organized in the future. 
ANW 

No comments:

Post a Comment