Travel bug.

As I embark on an exciting new journey traveling on the Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics Champions to 40 cities nationwide, I figured I would keep my dear friends and family in the loop on my life for the next couple of months. Little time to talk on Tour, so hopefully this satisfies your tastebuds until I see you in November.

Lots of X's and O's.
ANW

Monday, October 22, 2012

Selfies.

Well, I officially feel like an old grandmother. Until very recently, I did not know what selfies were. Apparently this is a common term in 2012. You can thank athlete Jordyn Wieber for so kindly teaching me.

I have learned many things on this Tour: about people, about how to better work with people, about patience, about perseverance, about hard work and about what God's plan is for me. Oh, and about selfies.

Simply put, a selfie is a photo that you take of yourself with your phone; most commonly an iPhone, I presume. (All the young kiddos have them). You hold the phone close to your face, but not too close. Make sure the camera is pointing to you and not to the subject in front of you. Put on your best face and snap! Upload to various forms of social media and tag it with some catchy self descriptors. And now, you have yourself a selfie.

Now that my teenage vocab has expanded, I comfortably fit in with all the 17 year old cast members. And boy do I feel good.

Check ya later.
ANW

No comments:

Post a Comment