Travel bug.

As I embark on an exciting new journey traveling on the Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics Champions to 40 cities nationwide, I figured I would keep my dear friends and family in the loop on my life for the next couple of months. Little time to talk on Tour, so hopefully this satisfies your tastebuds until I see you in November.

Lots of X's and O's.
ANW

Monday, September 17, 2012

How did I get here?

How did I get here? A term commonly used in my office when we don't believe what is in front of our eyes. 

I was fortunate enough to attend the Video Music Awards with John O. recently in LA. We attended with Disashi from Gym Class Heroes and his wife. It was such an honor and an awesome experience. One thing that I was surprised about were the seat fillers. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone sits in the same seats for the duration of the show. During commercial breaks, there are stage hands working to fill seats and switch people around. They also stage all of the people who will win the designated awards in the front row, which means those people know they are receiving the award prior to the announcement on air. Crazy, huh? 

One of the funniest moments of the evening was when Rihanna started walking toward our seats. For some (odd and strange) reason, I thought she had made eye contact with me. Stupid me, she was looking at John (obviously). He stood up to greet her and she shared how much of an inspiration he was to our country. When John sat down, I asked what Rihanna had said to him. He slumped down in his seat and said he had no idea. Starstruck much? 

As we were walking away from the VMA after-party, some of the girls on the Olympic Team told me this was their first party. Probably why they are Gold-Medalists. Maybe I could have been too, if I would have stayed away from the wrong people and things in high school. Oh well. You live and you learn. 

Going for the Gold at age 24, 
ANW 

No comments:

Post a Comment