Travel bug.

As I embark on an exciting new journey traveling on the Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics Champions to 40 cities nationwide, I figured I would keep my dear friends and family in the loop on my life for the next couple of months. Little time to talk on Tour, so hopefully this satisfies your tastebuds until I see you in November.

Lots of X's and O's.
ANW

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

True inspiration.

Today was exhausting but heartwarming, nonetheless. Jake made appearances in Sacramento all day, beginning at 5 am. When our feet and eyes started getting tired around 1 pm, we stopped at the Shriners Children's Hospital...not really sure what we were in for. I expected a quick TV hit, a few interviews and an insane amount of autographs. Lucky for me, I was wrong.

When we walked up the stairs, a nice little lady with a heart of gold told us what we should expect. Mostly burned victims under the age of 10 - some Hispanic who could not speak English. It was quite an experience in the best way possible.

I had never seen so many children so badly burned and my heart hurt for them. It was truly an inspiration to see each and every kid so delighted with the presence of an Olympian in their "home". This was the perfect pick me up that reminded me there is absolutely no reason to complain about something so little as my feet hurting.

Thank you, God, for today.
ANW

No comments:

Post a Comment