Travel bug.

As I embark on an exciting new journey traveling on the Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics Champions to 40 cities nationwide, I figured I would keep my dear friends and family in the loop on my life for the next couple of months. Little time to talk on Tour, so hopefully this satisfies your tastebuds until I see you in November.

Lots of X's and O's.
ANW

Monday, September 24, 2012

Locked up.

Greetings from Seattle!

Today is a 'non-show-day', as we are encouraged to say. I am going to be paying some special attention to this head of hair of mine. Trim and color are in order, no doubt about it. 

Hoping to be able to see a few spots in Seattle after I take care of a little bit of business. Fish market and the original Starbucks are a little too cliche, but I wouldn't be mad if I ended up there. I love the crisp and cold air here. Makes morning runs so enjoyable. My lungs are definitely thankful for no humidity. No offense, California. 

So onto the funnies from this past weekend: During one of our shows (can't remember where we were), I had to go onto the Tour bus to get some posters for our athlete Meet and Greet. The show was still going on and our runners were in the middle of stocking our Tour bus with food for the night. The runner must have not noticed I was in the bus and locked the door. Usually this would be no problem, but just my luck, the lock got stuck and so did I. Of course I didn't bring my radio or cell phone with me, so I am left pounding on the door of the bus trying to get the attention of one of the building guys. Not only did I learn that the bus is sound proof, but that this guy is terrible at reading lips (I was trying to scream the code to him). 20 painful minutes later, I was set free. What I learned from this? I prefer to be free; not locked up. 

New and exciting Tour news - it's the little things, right? 
  • We installed a new bus wrap on the Management bus (see below). 
  • We figured out how to watch YouTube videos after our shows. This could be dangerous. 
  • Additional things that are not worthy of making this blog because my Mom reads this. 
Big ups to our cast who have absolutely rocked the past 10 shows. 30 more to go. 

Lotsa lovies. 
ANW 

No comments:

Post a Comment